• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Timeshare Queen

Timeshare Queen

Westgator

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

I'm wondering if most people here use their own week, or trade to a different resort. If trading, do you trade through the Westgate in-house exchange program? Or do you use Interval International or another company?

We typically trade our week and go elsewhere, to a non-Westgate resort, via an outside exchange company. We have use RCI, II and SFX. The trades include:

Smugler's Notch, VT
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Grand Cayman Island
Pampano Beach, FL
Sedona, AZ
Gatlinburg, TN (not Westgate though)
Massanutten, VA
Branson, MO

The trades outside the US were one bedroom units. The other trades were two bedroom units and we own a one bedroom unit at the Villas.

#2 Disney4Me

Disney4Me

Westgator

• Root Admin
  • 16,299 posts
  • Interests:Love going to Disney World!!!

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:43 PM

I'm wondering if most people here use their own week, or trade to a different resort. If trading, do you trade through the Westgate in-house exchange program? Or do you use Interval International or another company?

We typically trade our week and go elsewhere, to a non-Westgate resort, via an outside exchange company. We have use RCI, II and SFX. The trades include:

Smugler's Notch, VT
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Grand Cayman Island
Pampano Beach, FL
Sedona, AZ
Gatlinburg, TN (not Westgate though)
Massanutten, VA
Branson, MO

The trades outside the US were one bedroom units. The other trades were two bedroom units and we own a one bedroom unit at the Villas.

I trade in-house. Have used different weeks though to stay at the Lakes. I stayed at the Villas once.
Bob,

My Disney Trips:

04/82 Offsite, 02/84 Offsite
07/86 Best Western (Aku Tiki Inn)
04/88 Sonesta Village (Now Westgate Lakes)
03/92 Offsite (Spring Break Whoo Hoo)
04/96 Shades of Green
04/99 Westgate Lakes (1 week) 05/99 Holiday Inn (1 week)
04/00 Westgate Lakes, 04/01 Westgate Villas
07/02 Caribbean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder
04/03 Westgate Lakes, 12/03 Westgate Lakes, 04/04 Westgate Lakes, 04/05 Westgate Lakes, 04/06 Westgate Lakes
09/06 Disney Magic & Port Orleans Riverside
04/07 Westgate Lakes, 11/08 Coronado Springs & Disney Magic
04/09 Westgate Lakes, 04/10 Westgate Lakes, 11/10 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Saratoga Springs Resort
05/11 Bay Lake Towers, 08/11 Beach Club Villas, 09/11 Wilderness Lodge
08/12 Disney's Boardwalk Villa's

#3 doubletrouble_vb

doubletrouble_vb

Westgator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:28 PM

Timeshare Queen -- You traded to Smuggs? That must have been RCI. I have yet to do in-house trades. This year will be my first shot. I've owned since '93...at first a two bedroom with another party. At that point what we would do is trade for two two-bedrooms every other year. Then stupid us we upgraded to a 2 bedroom lock off...seemed like a good idea at the time. Then my friends bought DVC, then I bought DVC...then they wanted more DVC so I bought them out for 1/2 of what the unit probably would have sold for resale. If I do sell in the future and actually get more than that price I'll split it with them. Anyway...my trades.

I own at the Villas so I've trade back into Westgate a bunch of times through Interval. I think I've now stayed at the Lakes more times than I've stayed at the Villas because it seems the Lakes staff is just more professional and customer friendly. Stuff I've seen on Trip Advisor hasn't convinced me otherwise.

Unless otherwise specified I've trade either a one bedroom or an efficiency for two bedrooms. I've traded outside in most recent order to:

Disney's Hilton Head (twice)
Westgate's Gatlinburg (one bedroom)
Harbour Town, Hilton Head
Flagship, Atlantic City (one bedroom)
Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe, VT (twice)
A guest user traded to Aruba

I've considered trading to Warren, VT (Sugarbush) but could stay on property at Stowe at employee rates or at a Vermont ski club so I passed. I will probably trade to NC ski resorts as soon as everything I need to do that comes together since I'm no longer in the northeast.

#4 Timeshare Queen

Timeshare Queen

Westgator

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:07 AM

Timeshare Queen -- You traded to Smuggs? That must have been RCI.

Unless otherwise specified I've trade either a one bedroom or an efficiency for two bedrooms. I've traded outside in most recent order to:

Disney's Hilton Head (twice)
Westgate's Gatlinburg (one bedroom)
Harbour Town, Hilton Head
Flagship, Atlantic City (one bedroom)
Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe, VT (twice)
A guest user traded to Aruba

Yes, we are currently members of both RCI and II, although I plan to drop RCI in a few months when its due to renew. We traded into Smuggs in the Fall to enjoy the leaves. It turned out to be warmer that week than it had been all summer. The leaves were not quite peak, but nice, and the temperature was glorious. We did a lot of antiquing and went to see a relative in NH, since that was reasonably close. It was a good trip.

We stayed at Disney Hilton Head once. I traded my Hawaii week for that one. We were at the Marriott Grand Ocean earlier this year, also and that was nicer in some ways, right on the ocean, but the Disney resort has a very cute decor and theming, of course.

#5 jackie

jackie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:17 PM

I have owned at Westgate Vacation Villas and we traded internally so far. We been to Westgate in Orlando, Miami Beach and Park City in Utah. The "resort" in Miami was really a converted hotel on Miami Beach. Our room faced the ocean and we could walk a few feet on the beach. My only complaint was that we had to pay for parking and no one from the resort had told us that in advance. The parking ended up costing an extra money on top of our exchange fee. We enjoyed Park City because we went their in the summer and drove to Yellow Stone Park. I have yet to utilize out II membership but I will this year. :newsmile093:

#6 Timeshare Queen

Timeshare Queen

Westgator

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:25 AM

I have owned at Westgate Vacation Villas and we traded internally so far. We been to Westgate in Orlando, Miami Beach and Park City in Utah. The "resort" in Miami was really a converted hotel on Miami Beach. Our room faced the ocean and we could walk a few feet on the beach. My only complaint was that we had to pay for parking and no one from the resort had told us that in advance. The parking ended up costing an extra money on top of our exchange fee. We enjoyed Park City because we went their in the summer and drove to Yellow Stone Park. I have yet to utilize out II membership but I will this year. :newsmile093:

I am geographically challenged enough that I wouldn't have thought of driving to Yellowstone Park from Westgate Park City Utah. How long was the drive? Maybe you could write up a review on your stays at Park City and Miami Beach. I would love to read about the resorts and highlights from your trip.

#7 Tamara

Tamara

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:27 AM

I guess there is a block in Orlando that prevents from trading to non-westgate resorts in orlando area? Is that the way it works? So, I can't trade my 3bedroom westgate lakes unit for a hilton grand vacation club unit? If I had known that, I would not have bought in Orlando. I do love the lakes, but didnt realize I couldnt trade it to stay at other resorts in the area. I was looking forward to trying the newly remodeled sheraton vistana resort. :hmm:
Posted Image

Tamara
----------

#8 Timeshare Queen

Timeshare Queen

Westgator

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

I guess there is a block in Orlando that prevents from trading to non-westgate resorts in orlando area? Is that the way it works? So, I can't trade my 3bedroom westgate lakes unit for a hilton grand vacation club unit? If I had known that, I would not have bought in Orlando. I do love the lakes, but didnt realize I couldnt trade it to stay at other resorts in the area. I was looking forward to trying the newly remodeled sheraton vistana resort. :hmm:

When I seach Orlando exchanges with II, I can pull up some resorts that are not in the Westgate family of resorts. I believe the last time I tried it I got a Vistana in the list. Probably some of the resorts are blocked, but not all of them. I have noticed, though, that the highest rated resorts never pulled up using my Westgate week, so I am not sure if it's a quality issue or an issue of an Orlando block. When I wanted to see Hiltons and Marriotts etc. I had to use my Hawaii week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users