Frustrated with reservations...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 johnson

johnson

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

We own a floating week/odd years at Westgate Smokey Mountains and have owned since 2000. The past two times we have reserved, we have had numerous problems with reservations/customer service. Last time when we arrived, we were put in a studio instead of our 1 bedroom deluxe. The front desk blamed it on reservations and vice versa although we were confirmed in a 1 bedroom. After requesting a move, we were told sorry there wasn't anything available. Finally after speaking to a manager, we were accomodated. This year after spending several hours at different times on the phone with customer service/reservations we were confirmed in our sleeps 6 room, only to once again upon arrival be brought to a room other that what we own (smaller/different floor plan). In addition to that, we were originally "accidentally" booked under someone else's account and then when I called to get it straightened out, they didn't have anything left in 1 br/sleeps 6. She booked us in a sleeps 4 and said to call our resorts front desk 2 weeks prior to arrival and get them to change it. I again asked for a manager and it was finally changed and was confirmed in a sleeps 6. Needless to say, the reservations call center is very frustrating. I believe much of our difficulty comes from owning a floating versus fixed week. However on three occasions, customer service told us that they don't like reserving for Smokey Mountains because it is a "pain" and is frustrating to them and the owners.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similiar experiences with reservations or if it really is just with the Gatlinburg resort??

#2 Disney4Me

Disney4Me

Westgator

• Root Admin
  • 16,330 posts
  • Interests:Love going to Disney World!!!

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

We own a floating week/odd years at Westgate Smokey Mountains and have owned since 2000. The past two times we have reserved, we have had numerous problems with reservations/customer service. Last time when we arrived, we were put in a studio instead of our 1 bedroom deluxe. The front desk blamed it on reservations and vice versa although we were confirmed in a 1 bedroom. After requesting a move, we were told sorry there wasn't anything available. Finally after speaking to a manager, we were accomodated. This year after spending several hours at different times on the phone with customer service/reservations we were confirmed in our sleeps 6 room, only to once again upon arrival be brought to a room other that what we own (smaller/different floor plan). In addition to that, we were originally "accidentally" booked under someone else's account and then when I called to get it straightened out, they didn't have anything left in 1 br/sleeps 6. She booked us in a sleeps 4 and said to call our resorts front desk 2 weeks prior to arrival and get them to change it. I again asked for a manager and it was finally changed and was confirmed in a sleeps 6. Needless to say, the reservations call center is very frustrating. I believe much of our difficulty comes from owning a floating versus fixed week. However on three occasions, customer service told us that they don't like reserving for Smokey Mountains because it is a "pain" and is frustrating to them and the owners.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similiar experiences with reservations or if it really is just with the Gatlinburg resort??

Thanks for joining!!

I am sure your not the only one. I have problems with the reservations dept. every time I call too. If I book my week I am good. I will still get some flak when I show up and they said that I should call to let them know I am coming. But the way I look at it is I own the week. Expect me there unless I call. This seems to be an ongoing problem with Westgate. Promise your guest just to get them to the resort and deal with the issue latter. Its funny how they treat you once you own. :surprise:
Bob,

My Disney Trips:

04/82 Offsite, 02/84 Offsite
07/86 Best Western (Aku Tiki Inn)
04/88 Sonesta Village (Now Westgate Lakes)
03/92 Offsite (Spring Break Whoo Hoo)
04/96 Shades of Green
04/99 Westgate Lakes (1 week) 05/99 Holiday Inn (1 week)
04/00 Westgate Lakes, 04/01 Westgate Villas
07/02 Caribbean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder
04/03 Westgate Lakes, 12/03 Westgate Lakes, 04/04 Westgate Lakes, 04/05 Westgate Lakes, 04/06 Westgate Lakes
09/06 Disney Magic & Port Orleans Riverside
04/07 Westgate Lakes, 11/08 Coronado Springs & Disney Magic
04/09 Westgate Lakes, 04/10 Westgate Lakes, 11/10 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Saratoga Springs Resort
05/11 Bay Lake Towers, 08/11 Beach Club Villas, 09/11 Wilderness Lodge
08/12 Disney's Boardwalk Villa's

#3 EasyBear

EasyBear

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

#4 wg resort inside guy

wg resort inside guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

I've booked with no problems. Most people book with no problems.

#5 Disney4Me

Disney4Me

Westgator

• Root Admin
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:49 AM

Not really..Here is something that I do not understand. I mean I understand why Westgate does it, but I think they need to come up with something else. I have needed to stay an xtra day on a few vacations only to be told that there is no availablity. I go on the internet to a travel website or AAA and I am able to book the room through them. The way I look at it, I am an owner, I should be able to get some type of priority. I know that the Resort is trying to lure others in, but they need to keep in mind that as an owner I get pissed when the public gets better rates to stay at the resort for a week cheaper than I pay my yearly Maintenance and Taxes. Does that bother anyone else???? :angry4:
Bob,

My Disney Trips:

04/96 Shades of Green
04/03 Westgate Lakes, 12/03 Westgate Lakes, 04/04 Westgate Lakes, 04/05 Westgate Lakes, 04/06 Westgate Lakes
04/09 Westgate Lakes, 04/10 Westgate Lakes, 11/10 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Saratoga Springs Resort

#6 whathavewedone!

whathavewedone!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

Not really..Here is something that I do not understand. I mean I understand why Westgate does it, but I think they need to come up with something else. I have needed to stay an xtra day on a few vacations only to be told that there is no availablity. I go on the internet to a travel website or AAA and I am able to book the room through them. The way I look at it, I am an owner, I should be able to get some type of priority. I know that the Resort is trying to lure others in, but they need to keep in mind that as an owner I get pissed when the public gets better rates to stay at the resort for a week cheaper than I pay my yearly Maintenance and Taxes. Does that bother anyone else???? <_<

ya i makes me so mad and i feel like my husband and i were taken for a ride, and not the fun kind. :angry1: my husbands military and if we had known how hard it would be to book something, anything we wouldn't have ever spent our money on something we can't ever use.

#7 Needtohavefun

Needtohavefun

I'm getting there...

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

Not really..Here is something that I do not understand. I mean I understand why Westgate does it, but I think they need to come up with something else. I have needed to stay an xtra day on a few vacations only to be told that there is no availablity. I go on the internet to a travel website or AAA and I am able to book the room through them. The way I look at it, I am an owner, I should be able to get some type of priority. I know that the Resort is trying to lure others in, but they need to keep in mind that as an owner I get pissed when the public gets better rates to stay at the resort for a week cheaper than I pay my yearly Maintenance and Taxes. Does that bother anyone else???? :angry4:

Hi,
New here. And I only found this by being upset at Westgate. GAME ON! I have a upgraded every week at Westgate Lakes. From my first buy I had a three bedroom every other year. We used the two bedroom last November and still need to use the single bedroom.

I wanted to go to Mrytle Beach end of July. I understand if it is all booked up, I am a reasonable person. Let me tell you every phone call you make to Westgate you get new or less information. Anyways I did this:

Went on Westgate Mrytle Beach Web site. Went through and found openings for the dates I want.
I called the Westgate Ownership line and was told NOPE SORRY NO OPENINGS.
HAHA not what I found out!
So I called the Myrtle Beach phone number. I reserved the week I wanted with my credit card (same cost of my maintence)
I called back to the Ownership hot line and said LOOK I have reserved the week I want now exchange it. I was told I can't call them (them ..I guess is the Myrtle Beach westgate) I can't huh? HAHA!
I can even reserve through hotwire.com but they can't give me what I already paid for????? They are making money off of me!

When I upgraded my closing officer told me to call him if I have ANY problems. I did he will get back to me today!
YES this bothers me! :angry3:
I emailed my rep and told her I am going and if I get there and have to pay EVERYONES going to hear about it!
I have a few weeks to fight over this.
And I will have more family members reserve that week too. People have up to 24 hours to cancel. I will have everyone wait til 24 hours to cancel so they sit there with no money and open rooms.
Westgate Palace 12/07
Westgate Resort and Spa Owners
Home resort 11/08
Westgate Myrtle Beach 7/09

#8 Disney4Me

Disney4Me

Westgator

• Root Admin
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hi,
New here. And I only found this by being upset at Westgate. GAME ON! I have a upgraded every week at Westgate Lakes. From my first buy I had a three bedroom every other year. We used the two bedroom last November and still need to use the single bedroom.

I wanted to go to Mrytle Beach end of July. I understand if it is all booked up, I am a reasonable person. Let me tell you every phone call you make to Westgate you get new or less information. Anyways I did this:

Went on Westgate Mrytle Beach Web site. Went through and found openings for the dates I want.
I called the Westgate Ownership line and was told NOPE SORRY NO OPENINGS.
HAHA not what I found out!
So I called the Myrtle Beach phone number. I reserved the week I wanted with my credit card (same cost of my maintence)
I called back to the Ownership hot line and said LOOK I have reserved the week I want now exchange it. I was told I can't call them (them ..I guess is the Myrtle Beach westgate) I can't huh? HAHA!
I can even reserve through hotwire.com but they can't give me what I already paid for????? They are making money off of me!

When I upgraded my closing officer told me to call him if I have ANY problems. I did he will get back to me today!
YES this bothers me! :angry3:
I emailed my rep and told her I am going and if I get there and have to pay EVERYONES going to hear about it!
I have a few weeks to fight over this.
And I will have more family members reserve that week too. People have up to 24 hours to cancel. I will have everyone wait til 24 hours to cancel so they sit there with no money and open rooms.

Been there done that...Sorry you have to go through the same issues I did. I do not know why they make this a difficult process. If I wanted to trade to go to the moon I would understand. Its a hotel room for Gods sake.

Let us know what happens.
Bob,

My Disney Trips:

04/96 Shades of Green

#9 Needtohavefun

Needtohavefun

I'm getting there...

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

Been there done that...Sorry you have to go through the same issues I did. I do not know why they make this a difficult process. If I wanted to trade to go to the moon I would understand. Its a hotel room for Gods sake.

Let us know what happens.

Just wondering, (been there done that) What did you do?
The Closing officer texted me and said he wasn't going back to work til Sunday. Can wait to hear from him today. Thanks!
Westgate Palace 12/07
Home resort 11/08

#10 Disney4Me

Disney4Me

Westgator

• Root Admin
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

The Closing officer texted me and said he wasn't going back to work til Sunday. Can wait to hear from him today. Thanks!

Well, I have been offered an upgrade to a 4 bedroom unit for another $4,000. I have also booked my vacations with staying an extra day only to be told it was booked, so I went to AAA and booked the extra night with them. I have been through many of the problems you have had and more. That is why I created this website. It was to provide information and for others to give their experiences.
Bob,

My Disney Trips:

04/96 Shades of Green

#11 Needtohavefun

Needtohavefun

I'm getting there...

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

OK, I called Westgate Owners again. The line of crap I was fed now is the the Myrtle beach resort is being built. But the rentals are still avaliable. I fed into it and let it go. ( I have found complaints in the building going on there)

Now I'm walking in circles. If I still go on my reservations I will be paying about the same or a little more, if I used up my "Bonus WEEK" of $499.00 (LOL)
Now if I bank my two bed room for this year into Interval I am scared what wall I shall find there. Will I be able to get to the beach staying some where else? OR after I do this they will say sorry all booked up use it later. ( My vacations days are July-Aug or Dec) HUMMM any suggestions?

I am thinking of doing the II thing. Paying for my "discount" owner rental at the beach, see if I want to go back next year. I still have my bonus week and my 0ne bedroom that are expireing. (Any trades out there?)

What to do.... :small3d012:
Westgate Palace 12/07
Home resort 11/08

#12 Disney4Me

Disney4Me

Westgator

• Root Admin
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

OK, I called Westgate Owners again. The line of crap I was fed now is the the Myrtle beach resort is being built. But the rentals are still avaliable. I fed into it and let it go. ( I have found complaints in the building going on there)

Now I'm walking in circles. If I still go on my reservations I will be paying about the same or a little more, if I used up my "Bonus WEEK" of $499.00 (LOL)
Now if I bank my two bed room for this year into Interval I am scared what wall I shall find there. Will I be able to get to the beach staying some where else? OR after I do this they will say sorry all booked up use it later. ( My vacations days are July-Aug or Dec) HUMMM any suggestions?

I am thinking of doing the II thing. Paying for my "discount" owner rental at the beach, see if I want to go back next year. I still have my bonus week and my 0ne bedroom that are expireing. (Any trades out there?)

What to do.... :small3d012:

Look through II first. Since you have the free membership you may find something. If you do, I think you will only have to pay a $130 exchange fee. Again you can make sure you get what you want before you deposit.

Unless I was using my week, I always had problems with trading. If your rep does actually get back to you thats great. Use them to help you out. I never had that luck. :small3d029:
Bob,

My Disney Trips:

04/96 Shades of Green

#13 Needtohavefun

Needtohavefun

I'm getting there...

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

I wanted to reply here but I might make a post some where else as well.

We went to Myrtle Beach the fourth week end in July.
To recap I made reservations as a non-MB owner but got a Westgate owner discout. (follow me?)
We still paid about $100 a night for a week. They would not take the exchange because I was not on the year waiting list to get in (you have to call Westgate owners hot line to get that line of bull!)

We went to the "MEETING" They wanted to offer us $24,000 the differance to be Owners at Westgate Myrtle Beach and not The Lakes. FORGET IT! I like where they showed us how everything will look when done being build, yak yak yak. I said that's funny I heard Westgate ran out of money! And they said I would NEVER get in here again! Because everyone wants come to MB! They saw us on Monday before we had a look around town to tell us that story...FOLKS MYRTLE BEACH IS A GHOST TOWN! Next door offering two nights the third free. We were there in high time, vacancy's all around us! People if you want to go, and go NOW don't play the "game" look around for better deals and bank your time!

Plus I was told if I wanted to come back don't call Westgate Ownership hotline. But to exchange through II. Faster and I "might" get in easier. :small3d012:
You know what I told them in their survey? They don't give a sh** about owners after WE forked them over money.

How was the stay? It was nice I had a beach view. I know I had read somewhere about them building and don't go. The NEW tower was liveable and opened about a month ago. They opened it because they had to make some CASH! Some complains were the showers were not draining in a few rooms. We were with out air cond for a day. I saw a complaint card on the floor of our room that I guess the last people didn't have cable to the TV. Some people were missing light bulbs. When we were to check out there was an alarm that there was a flooding problem and we all were standing out side holding out luggage carts to go up and get our items. But it didn't take too long to resolve.

I did a lot of talking in the elevator to get a feel of how Westgate treats it's Owners. I only met two OWNERS my whole stay. I met a lady that waited the year to get there. I met people that won an auction bid two months ago and was staying for $50 a night! I met a guy that doesn't own but comes and pays every year. I met a lady that was offered a deal and did not get what was promised and did not get the full kitchen and could not cook very well for her boy that has many allergys.

I watched many money hungry "car" salemans around. Listen to there line of bull.
I think they were asking $109,000 for 4 rooms. They told me they never heard of a float week! ????
I met a lady that owns that 4th week and 4 bed rooms. She had one to rent out and the people fell through. If I was smarter, I would have checked out and went into her room sitting empty. I do have her email and phone number. I am contacting her for next year. Maybe for a friend or myself depending on what she wants.

The beach was warm, the room was nice, the three pools were great for the kids. Yes I'd go back. I'm might use my week I didn't get this year and putting it through II to go back (It's paid for). I learned that II you can do up to a year reservations and Westgate is 11 months.

haha, I would never let a friend go though this mess to go on a vacation. BUt I was told though Westgate Office that next time I want to exchange my $150 is waived because I couldn't exchange, how sweet! :rolleyes:
Westgate Palace 12/07
Home resort 11/08

#14 Disney4Me

Disney4Me

Westgator

• Root Admin
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:03 PM

I wanted to reply here but I might make a post some where else as well.

We went to Myrtle Beach the fourth week end in July.
To recap I made reservations as a non-MB owner but got a Westgate owner discout. (follow me?)
We still paid about $100 a night for a week. They would not take the exchange because I was not on the year waiting list to get in (you have to call Westgate owners hot line to get that line of bull!)

We went to the "MEETING" They wanted to offer us $24,000 the differance to be Owners at Westgate Myrtle Beach and not The Lakes. FORGET IT! I like where they showed us how everything will look when done being build, yak yak yak. I said that's funny I heard Westgate ran out of money! And they said I would NEVER get in here again! Because everyone wants come to MB! They saw us on Monday before we had a look around town to tell us that story...FOLKS MYRTLE BEACH IS A GHOST TOWN! Next door offering two nights the third free. We were there in high time, vacancy's all around us! People if you want to go, and go NOW don't play the "game" look around for better deals and bank your time!

Thats the line of bull they tell everyone..It always amazes me how another property that Westgate owns is always "Better" than the one you own. Also you never seem to own in the right season.

Plus I was told if I wanted to come back don't call Westgate Ownership hotline. But to exchange through II. Faster and I "might" get in easier. :small3d012:
You know what I told them in their survey? They don't give a sh** about owners after WE forked them over money.

Awesome..I truly believe they don't give a crap..Why?? Because once you pay there is no way on earth you will get your money back..Itís not like a store where you will say I am not coming back here again and I am going to tell everyone I know. Well you have to come back since you own and will die still owning this timeshare. Also since they are always many miles from you, you cannot impact their clientele. Also look at all the forums and complaints out there. No one must research because the only time some complains or find a forum they have already purchased.

How was the stay? It was nice I had a beach view. I know I had read somewhere about them building and don't go. The NEW tower was liveable and opened about a month ago. They opened it because they had to make some CASH! Some complains were the showers were not draining in a few rooms. We were with out air cond for a day. I saw a complaint card on the floor of our room that I guess the last people didn't have cable to the TV. Some people were missing light bulbs. When we were to check out there was an alarm that there was a flooding problem and we all were standing out side holding out luggage carts to go up and get our items. But it didn't take too long to resolve.

I did a lot of talking in the elevator to get a feel of how Westgate treats it's Owners. I only met two OWNERS my whole stay. I met a lady that waited the year to get there. I met people that won an auction bid two months ago and was staying for $50 a night! I met a guy that doesn't own but comes and pays every year. I met a lady that was offered a deal and did not get what was promised and did not get the full kitchen and could not cook very well for her boy that has many allergys.

I watched many money hungry "car" salemans around. Listen to there line of bull.
I think they were asking $109,000 for 4 rooms. They told me they never heard of a float week! ????
I met a lady that owns that 4th week and 4 bed rooms. She had one to rent out and the people fell through. If I was smarter, I would have checked out and went into her room sitting empty. I do have her email and phone number. I am contacting her for next year. Maybe for a friend or myself depending on what she wants.

The beach was warm, the room was nice, the three pools were great for the kids. Yes I'd go back. I'm might use my week I didn't get this year and putting it through II to go back (It's paid for). I learned that II you can do up to a year reservations and Westgate is 11 months.

haha, I would never let a friend go though this mess to go on a vacation. BUt I was told though Westgate Office that next time I want to exchange my $150 is waived because I couldn't exchange, how sweet! :rolleyes:

WOW..Westgate rolled out the red carpet for you. :newsmile045:

Bob,

My Disney Trips:

04/96 Shades of Green

#15 VDragulaV

VDragulaV

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

That's not true at all! Everyone I talk yo has nothing but problems. My parenys have owned there since 91the and didn't have problems till they moved from a villa to towers. I bought there in 2003the and have had nothing but problems every year! And am tight now having problems booking my week! Westgate is a JOKE! Wish there was a way to get our money back without suckering some other poor sap into buying my place lime westgate suckered me with LIES!

#16 DepStump

DepStump

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

I, too, have experienced numerous problems. I've only been an owner for 3 years. We have a timeshare at Planet Hollywood Towers, LV. I've trying to reserve our week there for the past few days. So far, its been unsuccessful. When I spoke with reservations personnel this morning I was advised that there were no 2-bedroom suites available in all of November at this time. However, when I tried to reserve one as a public member simply renting the suite, amazing that one was available each week! I was advised that PHT owners cannot use the "Hilton" suites for their timeshare weeks!

Hilton bought out Westgate at PHT and the PHT owners are getting shafted. There is no one to address my concerns. Westgate blames Hilton and Hilton blames Westgate.

I think it may be time for a lawsuit! I am frustrated beyond belief.

#17 Disney4Me

Disney4Me

Westgator

• Root Admin
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

I, too, have experienced numerous problems. I've only been an owner for 3 years. We have a timeshare at Planet Hollywood Towers, LV. I've trying to reserve our week there for the past few days. So far, its been unsuccessful. When I spoke with reservations personnel this morning I was advised that there were no 2-bedroom suites available in all of November at this time. However, when I tried to reserve one as a public member simply renting the suite, amazing that one was available each week! I was advised that PHT owners cannot use the "Hilton" suites for their timeshare weeks!

Hilton bought out Westgate at PHT and the PHT owners are getting shafted. There is no one to address my concerns. Westgate blames Hilton and Hilton blames Westgate.

I think it may be time for a lawsuit! I am frustrated beyond belief.

Try and get a supervisor in customer service to help you...Sometimes they come thru. I've said this in earlier posts and all timeshares do this..It sux but I understand why..There may be no rooms available for timeshare owners as that allotment is used up..There may be many other rooms available, but technically they have not been sold so the developer uses them to attract non-owners to the resort. That is why you see them available to book on the outside market and usually for a cheap price.

Hope this helps some..
Bob,

My Disney Trips:

04/96 Shades of Green

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users